St Andrews, Scotland
Since our last Bulletin on this subject, events have been evolving rapidly, as has advice and actions of governments around the world.The prime objective of the Club Committee has been, and continues to be, to keep the Club and Waldon House open for the enjoyment of Members, whilst managing the risks entailed in the current, most challenging of environments.However, we are sure that Members will appreciate that future decisions regarding possible closures may need to be made at short notice.
To help the Club manage the risks involved in our day to day operation:
Members are respectfully asked to note:
- Please do not come to the Clubhouse if you have been in a high-risk area of the world in the past 3 weeks.
- Please do not come to the Club if you are feeling unwell.
- If you have tested positive for the virus, please inform the Club Membership Office of the
- date you were last at the Club, so an effort to trace any contact can be taken.
- Whilst at the Clubhouse a Porter may ask your name, if they cannot recall it, to help any traceability at a later date.
- If coughing or sneezing when at the Club, please use paper tissues and bin after use and wash your hands. We are endeavouring to keep a good supply of sanitising gels/sprays/wipes available in our public areas.
- If possible, please use a card for payment in the Dining Room, Forgan House and Waldon House, rather than cash.
- The Guest Policy operated during Meetings has now been introduced for day-to-day business, starting today. Members are asked not to invite guests to the Club until further notice in order to assist us to manage the risk, as we have little control or knowledge over the background and onward communication with your guests.
Actions taken by the Club
Within the Club premises and Waldon House, we have been undertaking a series of actions to reduce risk of infection to both Members and staff. These include the use of a specialist cleansing liquid for high contact surfaces and extra cleaning; a reconfiguration of tables in the Dining Room to create as much space between diners as possible and service staff are wearing protective gloves; the postponement of dinners up to the end of April; and the maintenance of a daily register of the names of Members visiting the Clubhouse so that we can communicate directly with them, should the need arise.
Events in March and April
The Monthly Medal on Friday 20th March, which comprises the Final of the 2019/2020 season and the first Medal of the 2020/2021 season, will be played as usual and Members should make their own judgements regarding participation.
Local Members are taking their own decisions regarding the informal roll-ups they organise themselves.
The Medal on 17th April is still scheduled to go ahead at this time. However, most regrettably, dinners and functions up to the end of April have been postponed or cancelled, as a precaution. This includes the Member Guest shotgun on Sunday 22nd March, the Harrison Foursomes Dinner on 27th March, the Club Committee Dinner Match on 24th April and all lectures at the Museum, for the foreseeable future.
Thank you all for your support and understanding in this most challenging of times.